Sausage Stuffing Tubes for Kitchen Aide

D Petrman

TVWBB Member
Well, they were 40% off at the web site so i finally bit. I have the meat grinder....so now I am ready to make some bratwurst.

Anyone make their own bratwurts?? Any advice....I have some spice to make fresh bratwurst...so i don't have to cure. . plan on doing small batches and eating.

Is their an optimal batch size to work with??

Okay, enough questions for now....but i know i am a food geek because i was way to excited when the package arrived!!! LOL

Cheers

Dave

Use a really slow speed, have plenty of hot water for cleanup. After a few attempts chose to get the Northern Tool Sausage Stuffer :)

One of the issues for me was getting the height of the tube adjusted. Luckily my kitchen counters have a bar into the family room. Put a 1/2 sheet pan up on the bar closer to the height of the stuffing tube.

Enjoy,
Brad.

You'll find it easiest to work with small batches, keep everything really cold including throwing the stuffing parts in the freezer, and if you can't think of a clever way to deal with the height issue using a second person to take up the weight of the sausage as it comes off the horn.

That being said I've done as much as 8 pounds of Italian Sausage at a time into natural casings and with my wife's help it wasn't as big a deal as all that, but we did kind of break it into sub batches - running a couple of pounds through and then tying off and getting more from the bowl in the freezer. That's a lot of sausage for us, and something like 4-5 pounds is more reasonable, but basically that's how much meat I had handy...

Back