London Broil Marinade or rub??

Vince B

TVWBB Pro
I bought two of these last week that I believe they are a skirt cut buy one get one free!! I plan on making one tomorrow on either my grill or on the wsm to start doing a reverse sear method. Defrosted and waiting!

What are you guys doing for the seasonings or marinades? I was thinking about rubbing it with simple salt, pepper, grlic powder and some worcestershire sauce. Serving it up on some soft rolls.

All advise is welcomed! Thank you Vince B

Different strokes for different folks, but on these usually very lean cuts of meat, I first marinate them - often in Dale's Marinade, which is very salty, almost like a brine - then I pat them dry and sprinkle with either a salt-free rub (there is plenty of salt in the Dale's) like granulated garlic, onion powder and pepper, or a commercial salt-free rub like Mrs. Dash.

Like you suggest, I'll cook using reverse sear, and cook it only to med rare.

Then I'll slice thin against the grain.

Check out Larry Wolfe's London Broil posts for inspiration!

Pat

I did search the forum a bit. The main reason for trying this is because I saw some of his posts! Larrys cooks are really good and he has inspired me to cook many new things. However his always look better.

London Broil is a method, not a cut (despite what meat department packaging would have you believe). To be 'London Broil' the meat needs to be marinated. Of course, you can dry rub instead - and call it whatever you want.
icon_smile.gif

Yes Kevin I know that the London broil is more of the type of cook and not the cut. I believe the one I have is a skirt cut. I will have to take some pictures later.

Edit I will update later with pictures and what I did.

Do. Skirts are a favorite. (They're rather thin and grainy and full of flavor.)

Yeah, I figured you knew that.

Back