Cannister vs 20lb tank

I haven't been able to use up a 20# on my 100 ! But I did read here some place that a 20# tank a last 36 hrs IF thats true on Q120 then at $2.00 a pop for small bottles give or take . You will save a good bit a money over the small bottles IMO ! Me I prefer the 20# tanks I own 3 and always have plenty . I hate running out . spedialy in the middle of a cook .

The Q of any size really is a gas mizer thou ! 20# tank will last a long while .

I tried one canister on my Q200, and it was okay. However, I switched to a 20 pounder and life is a lot better. However, on one thread on this site someone mentioned to open the valve on the tank VERY SLOWLY. I found that was good advice. Overall, I have not had any problems and my tanks last about 2 months. Go for the tank.

I actually watched my hose kina fill up like a water hose yester day as I opened it ! I think IF you open them fast it sees it as a leak and the cut off kicks in so opening it up slow stops that ! Also be sure your Q is set to the OFF position ! Then open the tank slow then turn on the Q wait about 20 30 seconds with the lid OPEN hit the lite button and you should be just fine !

Actually, the new suggested method from Weber Customer Support for using 20lb tanks on the Q series grills is as follows. Open the tank with the grill set in the off position. Wait two minutes for the hose to completely fill. Set the grill to start and light push the ignition button.

Bill

Originally posted by Bill Freiberger:
Actually, the new suggested method from Weber Customer Support for using 20lb tanks on the Q series grills is as follows. Open the tank with the grill set in the off position. Wait two minutes for the hose to completely fill. Set the grill to start and light push the ignition button.

Bill

This appears to be another case of someone thinking that the time specified was too short so they stated their own interpretation of the time required.
Guy is correct - allow 15 to 20 seconds and you can't go wrong (you actually only need 10 seconds max) If it does not reset after 20 seconds then the regulator should be replaced.

Cheers

Originally posted by Phil Hartcher:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill Freiberger:

Bill

This appears to be another case of someone thinking that the time specified was too short so they stated their own interpretation of the time required.
Guy is correct - allow 15 to 20 seconds and you can't go wrong (you actually only need 10 seconds max) If it does not reset after 20 seconds then the regulator should be replaced.

Cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had a weird thing happen a couple days a go for the first time I didn't notice my knob on my Q 120 was set to on instead of off ! Turned on my tank and it would not lite right so I unscrewedd the hose from the Q and the tank . a few times and nuthen worked got a little peeved and went in the house and come back out in about 20 minutes screwed it all back on all valves set to the proper place opened slowly then then set the Q to start waited about 10 seconds and it fired up fine .

All I can figure is it took a few minutes for the safety reset from my origanal screw up . used it 2 X since without a problem but that did happen to me but it was my fault I should a known were the valve on the Q was set !

Back