StockerLog not working

George Kuipers

I just purchased a new stocker for my VWB and I am having a problem getting the StockerLog to work. I can connect to the stocker with the web interface by typing in the IP 192.168.1.100. I will come back with the standard index html page. The stocker is displaying the proper information. When I start the StockerLog and do a refresh data from Stocker request it up dates fine. When I Start the logging process it come back and tills me the stocker is hung and to restart it. I have repeated numerous times with no luck. After it hangs I can telnet into the stocker and see that it is streaming information. The stocker is using version 2.6.0.57. I tried wireless and have also connected the stocker directly to my rougher with a Ethernet cable. I am running out of ideas.

At least you can get the stoker on the network. Most new users have difficulty doing that!

As the poster above said, Stokerlog needs to know the IP of the Stoker. You put than in the IP address in the top right field, then refresh data from stoker.
If this doens't work, I wonder if it could be a firewall issue.
Send Amir an email if you more issues.

Thanks for all the good suggestions. When I press the F5 key The stocker software will see and updates the probe temperatures on the StockerLog page.
Soo…… I am thinking I am getting two way communication. When I Start the logging process it comes back telling me that the Stocker is hung, restart it.
I am wondering if anyone else is running version 2.6.0.57 of the stocker software it is date 2/6/2009.

George,

Your problem is that you are using an ALPHA version of the stoker firmware. NEVER, EVER do that! Go to http://www.kaytat.com/

and install the 2.1.300 firmware and you should be set.

My guess is they changed the web UI which broke the parsing.

-rob

I guess I am the guinea pig. The Stocker came with this version loaded.
I hope that I won’t have a problem reloading the older version.

Very strange that this version is already distributed. I have not had time to test against it.

I have sent email to the developer to see if they meant to release this version. You should also contact John as suggested.

For now, there is an easy work-around beyond firmware change. Check the "http-only" box. This will disable telnet interface. Everything should work but performance will be slow.

I am all set. I install the 2.1.300 firmware and everything is working fine now. John for Rock’s BBQ gave me a call. He said the he inadvertently sent a Stocker with the wrong version of firmware loaded on it. Many thanks to all of you for your support !

Back