Rib Racks

Ed Jones

TVWBB Pro
A long time ago I bought a pair of rib racks from William-Sonoma that were pretty nice. I've no idea what I've done with them. I'd like to get two rib racks for my 22" WSM. What are the current recommendations for good rib racks these days?

Thanks!

Best I've used have come from the clearance section at Kroger (Graceland, actually, though it was 2 years ago). They're non-stick roasting racks. Turn them upside down and voila, rib racks.

Non-stick is a real winner. Compared to the cheap brinkmann or charbroil ones, they clean very easy. You don't have to spend time getting all the gunk off the inside.

Another thought is to look for cheap (i've seen them for around $10) roasting sets that include the non-stick rack and pan.

I have the ss one from Klose. I have used it a bunch in the past. However my last 2 rib cooks I have rolled the ribs. That only requires toothpicks.

-Don

Friday at Home Depot they had a charmglow non stick rib rack on clearance for $5. perfect timing as I did 6 racks of baby backs on mothers day. holders come off the base so i soaked all the parts in soapy water and had them clean in no time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Don Dukes:
my last 2 rib cooks I have rolled the ribs. That only requires toothpicks. -Don </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I tried this for the first time in January and I was really impressed with how well it worked. I think I got six racks on the top grate, and it was so easy to flip them over.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I tried this for the first time in January and I was really impressed with how well it worked. I think I got six racks on the top grate, and it was so easy to flip them over. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You got 6 racks on the top grate of a WSM? 18 or 22?

I have a couple el cheapo ones. After use, I spritz them with a de-greaser and put them through the dishwasher, alone.

I was going to recommend the Traeger rib racks. A local Q supply store has some in stock. They look good and I've almost pulled the trigger on em. Tried to check online to post a link but it looks like they aren't a current item, or at least not at the Traeger store.

Traeger BAC 245 Rib Rack

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Don Dukes:
I have the ss one from Klose.

-Don </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I've had 2 of them for many years now. They are great racks and will last a lifetime. They fit perfect on the 18.5" WSM. Pricey yes, but you get what you pay for. I love them.

Back