Illinois > Chicago: Bub City

MattP

TVWBB Super Fan
Bub City Chicago
435 N Clark St
Chicago, IL 60654

Wife and I stopped here for lunch the other day. I would consider it to be rather touistry, but that's not a reason to pass on it. Just worth noting it might not have the "stereotypical classic BBQ joint feel." Decor is sort of country/redneck-- lots of exposed brick, one wall has a big American Flag made out of empty beer cans. Looks like they frequently have live music. Extensive whiskey list and they proudly display their offerings behind a huge bar.

Menu offered some standard BBQ classics, along with a wide selection of sandwiches and whatnot. I went with burnt ends, my wife went with a pulled chicken sandwich. We both very much enjoyed what we ordered.

Oh, funny little thing-- when a woman enters the lady's restroom she's immediately greeted by a surprise: a dude standing at a urinal! I was waiting for my wife and had a fun time watching women walk in, scream, leave, and look at the door all confused.

Last edited by a moderator:
We've been to the one in Rosemont ( 5441 Park Pl, Rosemont, IL 60018 ) recently and review holds up.

Rosemont space is very cool, much bigger than it looks from the outside with huge stage and upper area.

I'd like to try the one in Rosemont. Not going back in the city til they get the crime under control.....
If you're in the area, go for it. Hell, maybe we could make a Chicago area meet-up.

Food was good, atmosphere was certainly not bland.

I think Weber will stop making kettles before Chicago gets under control.

Back