Help please what are the designs called

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Where do you find and what are they called the designs folks have put on their Minis which they paint over and then remove the design to allow the color underneath to show through. Geez I hope that makes sense. I’m not so sure I understand all I know about what I just said.

I hope you do understand and if so please advise’

Thanks

From what I've seen people are making their own stencils and spraying over them. Maybe there's ready made ones you can buy , but I'm thinking stencil is the word you're looking for. :wsm:

You may also be referring to a "die cut" stencil. It provides a more distinct image than an exacto knife cut print out of an image.

What I did was a stencil. Images printed and cut out on clear shelf liner. They are then stuck to a base color, or bare metal, and painted over with a different color. The stencil is pulled off and then clear coated.
Or as someone else suggested, and probably the better alternative, is to use a die cut image and applied just as the stencil. I would think a window decal would work best because they are often paste and peel leaving only the image outline and not a block image.

Back