PDA

View Full Version : Missing Sauce

MattP
06-02-2013, 06:57 PM
Thanks for swinging by, Dave!

A little background on my question. During college I had a friend that worked as a waiter at our local Famous Dave's restaurant. Every so often he would have a funny story to share of him catching a patron in the act of trying to steal one of the bottles of BBQ sauce from the table. Usually they were pretty run of the mill-- top of a bottle poking out from a purse or a diaper bag. Sometimes they were pretty absurd-- guy trying to stuff one down his pants, person trying to empty the bottle into a flask.

I'm wondering-- what's the most outrageous "Trying to steal the BBQ sauce" story that you've caught wind of?

"Famous Dave" Anderson
06-03-2013, 08:32 PM
Thanks for bringing up how people abscond with our sauces. Yes, over the years we have lost a lot of sauces. I don't know how people carry out our squeeze bottles without them squirting all over the place! Quite honestly... I don't ever hear these stories because I think the staff doesn't want me to know!!! ;o) Hopefully we can sell the bbq fans a bottle of sauce but if they crave our sauce that bad... well God Bless'm!!! ;o) "Famous Dave"

Will Horning
06-04-2013, 10:34 AM
Jeez......I just used to grab about 10 of the to-go packs on my way out the door!!!!!