Lookin' for Miits

Paul H

TVWBB Gold Member
Been looking for these silicone mitts that kind of look like Kermit The Frog.They cover part of your fingers and you use your thumb to help grip. Anybody have any ides?

Get some cheap welding gloves. You can get a pair at Harbor Freight for under $10. Works great and covers more of your arm.

Paul,
I know exactly what your looking for, We had one and found that it was to awkward to use, so it was donated during a Spring clean up a few years ago. If your looking to handle hot grill parts, I'd go with the welding gloves. If you want to pull hot meat, try cotton or mechanics gloves under a pair of rubber or disposable gloves. JM2

Amazon is full of them - Silicone Mitts on Amazon

You might be talking about the Dexas model, item 10 in the search results.

I have the Okra's, item 15, and they are a bit awkward.

As others have recommended, for dry items, I prefer leather welding gloves, $8 for a 3-pack at Harbor Freight.

Great pull Travis,
Mine were similar to #10 but without the nubs. Kermit is #22.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mac McClure:
Great pull Travis,
Mine were similar to #10 but without the nubs. Kermit is #22. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Oh yeah, I missed that. Thx Mac!

Here's the direct link - Kermit Silicone Mitts at Amazon

I found a mitt that is a quilted fabric and its length goes to the shoulder. You might see them in use by servers in Mexican restaurants when they stack the plates up the arm to serve. Used them yesterday and they are great!

Paul,

These work great:

Insulated Food Gloves

Although, they should have been made in black as they will stain.

You can grab just about anything except hot charcoal... accidently dropped them once. As for pulling pork, you do not have the full dexterity to finely pull it, but you can break up hot pork into small chunks so it will cool faster if needed.

Oh, and don't let someone else wash them, as they may completely submerge them in water. Not fun flipping them inside out to dry.

I have been useing OVE Gloves to pick up scalding hot pans and love them Except when they get wet and they need to be washed every few cooks. Will those handle the really hot things? I suspect welding gloves would.

The insulated food gloves are great for picking up any food or anything on a smoker (grates, water pan), except the charcoal.

On a grill, I'd go with welding gloves.

If you don't mind a color other than green, here's a set of two (plus two trivets*) for about $14 shipped: http://www.yugster.com/default.aspx Note that this is today's deal, and the link will show something else tomorrow.

*Or maybe they're just red frogs and they say "trivet... trivet"?

Back