Need recommendation for outdoor carving table

Monty House

TVWBB Pro
I want to carve outside during the summer, so looking for an inexpensive, easily cleanable (sterilizable) table, e.g., stainless steel. Having juice troughs would be nice. Storable/foldable.

Any suggestions?

Not really what you asked for but i found a big butcher cutting block on IKEA (Wood). Good price but its super heavy and there for not really my got to anymore. Dont know if they still have it but you can always check.

How about a polyethylene fish cleaning station? There are dozens of models, both permanent and portable. Check out the West Marine online catalog for examples.

If you're "handy" - then you might want to think about using some sort of composite deck type material to create a sturdy table / support / frame. Then, fit a poly top to it that is removable (keep it indoors when not in use and makes cleaning easy).

Maybe start with a nice, standard-size poly cutting board and build a support system to fit it?

just a thought..

I go to my local counter top shop and look for Corian sink cut outs. They throw them away. They are usually around 3/4 x 24 x 36. A little sanding on the edges and it is virtually indestructible! You can also use a router to make juice troughs. For a very small fee the shop will do it for you. They clean up quickly and are sturdy for chopping.

I use a standard folding table that I got at costco. But I cut four sections of pvc pipe to slide onto the legs to raise the table about a foot. That brings it to a good working height.

Bill

Cleaning well is all that is necessary. Air drying completely: go to go. Sterilization is unnecessary. Cutting boards are far better to cut on than an SS surface, which will ruin your knives. I go with wood or bamboo, disliking poly, but all are easily cleaned.

I have an all plastic cart or bbq station. the top folds out left and right. The front doors open for storage. I love it because I can leave it outside all year in Michigan. It is on wheels so I can roll it right up to my kettle or wsm for a table or cutting board. Although Oi do most meat prep inside my outdoor table has a removable poly cutting board. This thing was only 100 bucks and I love it.

Back