Correct Wireless Thermometer For Me?

Chris Mueller

Just got my WSM 22" and already made 2 separate rib smokes with corn. Very pleased.

I currently only have a digital probe that I stick in when I need to check it. I would much prefer a digital probe so that I don't need to be hovering around the smoker.

1) I'd like to be wireless
2) I'd like it to have an alarm for both low and high temperature smoker readings.
3) I'd like it to of course have the meat probe.

A second meat probe would be nice for a total of 2 meat probes and one smoker gauge. Does something like this exist or would I need to thermometers?

Thanks!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">but i </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks!

Just to clear things up....

I can get 2 Mavericks for about $100 before tax/shipping.

Or I can get one Nutech 701 for $60 and then 2 751 for $25 before tax/shipping.

If that's what I'm looking at then it's only a $10 difference. Am I right by saying that? If so, then it looks like I may go with the Nutech's so that I only have to deal with a single screen for the temperatures. Yes? No?

Yes.

Not sure if the Nu-Temp's have high and low alarms so be sure to double check that.

UPDATE: Reading the User's Guide, it says ... "Each Remote Sensor can have either hi or low temperature Alarm Set for it, not both."

Of course, 2 ET-73's will give you 4 probes.
icon_wink.gif

Sounds like a plan. Just sent a link over to my wife so she can tell my family if they ask about a birthday present for me. Too bad it's still a month away......

Back