Just received the 22"WSM ................

John Leopard

TVWBB Member
and put it together. The question I have is about the water pan, it's huge.

Could I just foil the original and put a smaller foiled Brinkman pan in the Weber? May have to replenish more often but I don't see that as a problem.

Y'all have any thoughts on this?

Thanks
GEAUX TIGERS

I cooked on my new 22.5 yesterday for the first time. I did four SL cut racks of ribs on the top grate only using a weber rib rack.
I used the standard water pan, nearly full with hot water and 6 hours later it was still half full. I think it worked fine and for the time being I intend to use it.
I used two full chimneys of K and it burned totally over about 6 or 7 hours. I was through cooking in 5.5 hrs.
I liked the totally consistent temp for the first three hours when the lid was not touched. Once dialed in the vents didn't really need tweaking much. At hour 3 when I turned the ribs over and started spritzing there were minor temp variations.
Lou

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John Leopard:
and put it together. The question I have is about the water pan, it's huge.

Could I just foil the original and put a smaller foiled Brinkman pan in the Weber? May have to replenish more often but I don't see that as a problem.

Y'all have any thoughts on this?

Thanks
GEAUX TIGERS </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You could do that or just foil the water pan leaving the foil up off the inside bottom of the pan by about an 1" or so and don't use water. Water is a great heat sink for keeping temps low but also requires a lot of fuel to keep hot. I haven't used water in the water pan of my WSM for 5 years now.

Back