PID controller Pitminder

The K-type thermocouple made of stainless steel with working temp up to 1800 f, 13 feet long is $16.85. Add that to the $35 for the basic unit and you are looking at about $50 for the unit.
According to the instruction manual, it will take standard household AC power, so no special power supply needed. They have another model for the same price that will work on 12vdc.
The special control box is about $15.
For about $10 more, you get one with the built in relay that will handle a motor or fan.

I think overall it seems like a pretty good price if you are looking for something to just monitor your pit temerature.

That's what I was thinking. Still alot more than our cheapo projects but less than the Pitminder. Of course, you'd need to know how to program the unit though and the Guru would take that out of it. Considering how people are using it for Bradley's it would work. I don't cook on electrics other than the Litl Chief which is mainly for fish and low temp items so it's not somethinng I will be playing with.

-rob

There is no real programming to this device. It has a user interface with a display and push buttons. To "program" it, you just push buttons till the display shows your desired temperature.

Back