brisket salad

G

I have been looking for recipies to use my left over brisket. I have quite a bit sliced up and frozen in the freezer.

My wife made a "salad" out of it. I don't know proportions, but she chopped the brisket and added dill pickle, white onion, black olives, and red bell pepper. There was more meat than anything else, and somewhat equal amounts of the other ingredients.

She makes a really great tangy vinaigrette that she mixed in liberally. I can't really give a recipe, since she just throws stuff together. It is sometimes better than at other times, but it is always better than store bought vinaigrette.

Anyway, she mixed it all together and let it set for a couple of hours in the fridge. It was really, really good. Pickles may sound strange (and I am not really a fan) but they added a great flavor.

She has made similar things before, but it was never as good as it turned out with using the smoked brisket. I will be requesting this a lot more in the future.

Rob,

My favorite is "brisket hash" from the "smoke and spice" cookbook. I use a few extra jalapenos in mine. great wit hscrambled eggs on a chilly morning or before a round of golf.

Back