Pork Medallions

Todd R.

TVWBB Super Fan
Got this recipe off the BGE site, the poster is a guy named LawnRanger...just wanted to give him credit.
I cut a tenerloin up into medallions and marinated them for 5 1/2 hours in Stonewalk Kitchen Maple Chipotle Grill Sauce, Alessi Pear Infused Balsamic Vinigar, and some mustard. Here are the fixins.
Wrapped them in bacon and scewered them, threw on a little rub, and cooked over a 300 degree fire for 20 minutes to an internal temp of 145. On the fire.
They came out awesome , very moist, great flavor!
Merry Christmas all!

Wow Todd! Those look great!! What type of smoke wood did you use? It looks like you have the grate right on the top of the ring? Is this correct? (can't see on this monitor at work
icon_frown.gif
)

*makes a note to try this one*

Those look really good. I would also like to find out what type of wood you used and about how thick were the slices - maybe an inch or inch and a half?

Thanks!

i'm doing these tonight on my kettle. i have them wrapped in bacon and skewered and soaking in apple juice right now. in about 3-4 hours i'll drain them and sprinkle with my homemade no salt rib rub(could only find enhanced) and will indirect smoke with apple/cherry wood mixture.

Back