Brinkmann Pan too small

bill.irl

I have been exploring the use of the dual pans in my WSM. I have the waterpan from my Brinkmann but the pan diameter is too small to rest on the supports for the water pan. I believe all the mods say to put the WSM pan on top. I obviously can't do that. Do I not have the correct Brinkmann pan? I'm just trying to go waterless with two pans. Thoughts anyone?

If using the Brinkman pan you need the Brinkman Charcoal pan which is bigger than the WSM water pan.

My Brinkmann charcoal pan is a big steel pan with a huge lip and vents in the bottom of it. Must not be the same thing.
icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bill.irl:
My Brinkmann charcoal pan is a big steel pan with a huge lip and vents in the bottom of it. Must not be the same thing.
icon_frown.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I had a Brinkmann Gourmet, and I use its water pan in the WSM. It fits just fine, though I did put a sheet metal screw in each of the WSM supports so that the pan can't slip sideways far enough to slip off. The WSM pan sits on top of the Brinkmann pan - they are essentially the same diameter. So I don't understand why your Gourmet's water pan isn't large enough.
(BTW, for those who aren't familiar with the Gourmet, its water pan is almost - if not exactly - the same pan used as the charcoal pan for the very cheapest ECB.)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by r benash:
Yep - gotta use the Brinkman charcoal pan not the water pan. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hey R Benash,Did you ever find magnets for your Brinkman pans or did you set them up using a different method? I’m still looking
icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bill.irl:
icon_frown.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
There are two types of Brinkmann charcoal pans-- the porcelain-coated, bowl-shaped one we use for a WSM water pan replacement, and a galvanized, straight-sided one that may or may not have holes or slits in the bottom. With holes, it's known as the recall pan, as it was recalled due to fire hazard.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Doug D:
icon_frown.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
There are two types of Brinkmann charcoal pans-- the porcelain-coated, bowl-shaped one we use for a WSM water pan replacement, and a galvanized, straight-sided one that may or may not have holes or slits in the bottom. With holes, it's known as the recall pan, as it was recalled due to fire hazard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Brinkmann Gourmet charcoal smoker, which uses the two-piece base (inner charcoal pan has slits for venting) was not involved in the recall. That model also uses the bigger porcelain pan as a water pan. It's a different animal than the ECB.
gourmetcharsmk&grill.JPG

41NJ3G4DEBL._AA280_.jpg

I have the Brinkman charcoal pan, but lately I just the foiled stock pan (no water) and place a couple of fire bricks in the charcoal pan which keeps temps down.

John

Back