The last cup of coffee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Petrone

TVWBB Diamond Member
Like BBQ, hopefully you have some left. What can you do with that last cup? There always seems to be some left. You know, it has been there long enough that you do not want to drink it. If you want another cup, you want fresh.

So what can do with the last cup?

Our local gardening column in the paper said to pour it on the azaleas. The grounds are good,why not the coffee?

My Wifey sometimes takes it and makes a good ole fashion chocolate cake. Other than that, most times I drink the whole pot. I do wayyy to much coffee drinking.

I solved the last cup problem by making each cup fresh. Most of the time I'm drinking an espresso-based drink (Americano, Latte, straight espresso) so I have to make each one fresh, but when I want regular coffee I've started using an Aeropress and I can make anywhere from one to four cups at a time.

You can also freeze it into ice cubes and stash in a Ziploc for when you need coffee flavoring and don't have the time or inclination to make fresh coffee. It's an instant base for a sweet mocha sauce for ice cream or cake, or can be used to deglaze sauteed aromatics to build a sauce for grilled steaks or as a component to a Q sauce for beef.

Put it in your chili.

A cup of straight brewed coffee, not grounds. It adds an interesting background flavor that people notice, but can't quite identify (like cinammon and other stuff people throw in chili).

I was taught this by a Texas woman (so it has to be right).

Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back