Alton Brown's "Burger of the Gods"

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Ed Jones on 7/26/05:

-------------------------

I like Alton Brown's "burger of the gods" recipe. The best thing about it is how easy it is to memorize the recipe.

Buy equal amounts of chuck roast and sirloin roast. Cut into 1.5 inch cubes. Put a small handful of each in equal amounts in your Cuisinart and pulse 15 times to grind. Once you've ground up all the meat, mix in some kosher salt by hand. Measure out 5 ounces of ground meat, form into a patty. Cook.

I cook about 5 minutes per side over a hot grill. I serve with sliced vidalia onion, dill relish, ketchup, mustard. It's simple backyard goodness.

that sounds great. I've read that grinding your own meat also reduces the risk of mad cow's disease.

For me, the key to a great hamburger is to handle the meat like it's a potato chip that I don't want to break...very lightly with a minimum of handling. If you want to cook it medium, a teaspoon of butter with fresh herbs keeps it juicy.

I just made Burgers of the Gods for dinner. These were the best burgers I have ever cooked. The meat had incredible flavor and basically fell apart in my mouth as I ate the burger. I had mine with just some sharp cheddar and a couple slices of Nueske's bacon.

AWESOME!

Back