DigiQ II Mount

Gary Hafer

TVWBB Member
For those with the DigiQ II, what configuration are you using to mount the bracket on the controller? One of the manuals shows mounting the viper fan but not the controller. There is a "universal mount hardware" for the bracket, but no probable configurations for attaching to WSM.

Gary

ok, i'll bite:

the wording to me was confusing at first. are you trying to mount the controller to the fan using the adapter? i have my controler on the adapter/stand and that is on a nearby table. i have the fan with 6ft cable so i have no issues with placement and haven't even considered mounting it all on the wsm...if that is even what you are asking.

sorry if this didn't help, but hoping it would draw more interest from others with another post in here.

Thanks. Yes, that's what I'm asking; the "stand" is called a "mount" in the DigiQ II pamphlet. One of the configurations the pamphlet mentions is using the mount and the hardware kit to secure the controller on the WSM. I wanted to see if anyone else tried that, and if so, how satisfied he was with it. That probably means drilling a hole through WSM.

Gary

no idea how they have done it. bbqguru also has mentioned that there is a magnetic mount available, but don't know if anyone has one. that might be a better idea, tough i have never seen it on their site.

Originally posted by Gary Hafer:
One of the configurations the pamphlet mentions is using the mount and the hardware kit to secure the controller on the WSM. I wanted to see if anyone else tried that, and if so, how satisfied he was with it. That probably means drilling a hole through WSM.

Gary
Gary, No holes to drill. The fan mounts on the plate as well as the controller unit. That whole deal then slides into the round adaptor that you installed in one of the vent tabs on the charcoal bowl.
Gary, Here's some pics for you. Scroll down about 1/2 way to see the mounting pics. Link to pics.

Thanks, Bryan. I wanted to know if guys mounted the "plate" to the WSM, say, in the middle or top section. I think that's what the universal mount kit is for. I didn't see anything in the link on mounting the fan to the plate.

Gary

Thanks, Bryan. I wanted to know if guys mounted the "plate" to the WSM, say, in the middle or top section. I think that's what the universal mount kit is for. I didn't see anything in the link on mounting the fan to the plate.

Gary
The fan gets mounted on one side of the bracket whil the controller gets mounted on the other side. Then the whole deal goes into the adaptor that is in one of the vents you mounted on the charcoal bowl. Not quite the same way the Digi Q mounts but this might help out. Here's a pic of my Comepetitor fan and mount.

Guru.jpg

Bryan, thanks for all the time you took to take the shot to show me your configuration. Is the metal loop that you have the bolt-and-nut fastened to part of the fan? My fan has all flat sides with no fasteners. Otherwise, the fan looks identical.

Gary

Bryan, thanks for all the time you took to take the shot to show me your configuration. Is the metal loop that you have the bolt-and-nut fastened to part of the fan? My fan has all flat sides with no fasteners. Otherwise, the fan looks identical.

Gary
Gary, It might be easier if you take a pic so we could see what you got. Like a pic of the top of the fan and the mounting plate. I don't have a Digi Q so I'm really no help to you. My Comepetior is a whole different setup than yours. I find it hard to believe that all the people here who have bought the Digi Q can't help you out
icon_confused.gif

Edit: Gary Here's how I see it just by looking at the pics. You take the long mounting plate and bend it like in the pics. Then the fan would bolt on to the long plated via the large center hole that's in the plate. Just like the pic of my Comepetitor. Pics for you to look at.

Bryan,

Thanks, Bryan. Your last post gave me some ideas. I requisitioned an old outdoor side table to place the mount on, which I'll be able to fasten with the supplied hardware kit. The table is just high enough to shelter the pit viper fan assembly to give it some shelter from the elements. I think I'm going to keep the fan and controller separated.

Did you make it to Fred's for the block party last Saturday? I used to live in Reading and my dad still lives there.

Gary

Back