I'd like to keep a stainless frying pan on my boat but am afraid of rust issues

Tom Raveret

TVWBB Pro
I have two really nice ten inch 5 ply frying pans that I'd like to keep on on my boat but am afraid of rust. Its a super humid environment and I'm wondering if I need to be concerned.

The pan is a knock of of all clad JC penny did a few years ago with two plys of stainless on the outside and then thwo plys of alumunum and in the center its copper so I don't want to comprimise the pan but looking for ideas.

Thanks

I lived in Fla on the coasts and at my ranch for years without A/C - so very high humidity. It's not an issue if the S/S is of decent quality and you use it often enough.

If use will be more occasional you can simply store the pans in lidded plastic boxes with a desiccant.

The only stamps on my pan are "COOKS by JCPenny homecollection... Made In China, hence my concern with the quality of the steel.

It's only something I use occasionally but I'll just keep an eye on it. Thks for the replies.

Tom,

It's been my experience with SS parts (or any metal) from China that what you are getting is either the Chinese, Korean, or Japanese equivalent to SS. That being said though, the elements are at least similar that it is considered SS (whatever the grade). Most SS I've dealt with (other than the marine grade) will eventually rust. However, it's been my experience that it takes much time for that to occur.

Back