Go To Pork Loin Recipe????

C. Crispy

For this weekend I have a 5.5# pork loin and am wondering if anyone has a *go to* recipe they wouldn't mind sharing. It's from a local farm market and doesn't have hormones, antis etc. I would like to cook it on the WSM. Any and all thoughts would be welcome. Thanks!

Well i will do a Pork loin myself today.

Here is what i do.

Herb rub:
Garlic,thyme,oregano,fresh basil,herb infused evoo(normal evoo will work) Salt/pepper.

Bring to a paste in a mortar,Now the herbs will come to live.

I rub my loin with this. Put it in a plastic bag(get the air out) and let it sit in the fridge for 6h(or more).

I will use my kettle for an indirect HH cook. 300-350f and i will add wood to this one. I pull the loin @ an internal temp 135-140.

If you are using the wsm i would start with all lit/open all vents/foiled water pan...add some wood. And keep track of the internal temp.(of the meat)

A loin is a great cut. You can do alot with it(flavor wise) to fit your taste.

But dont overcook it!

Im sure it will turn out great!

This is an Emeril recipe (I know,I know!),but it's really good. Take your pork loin and use a paring knife to poke a bunch of holes in the loin. Add a whole peeled clove of garlic and a drop or two of hot sauce in each hole. Season with salt and pepper,and slather with mustard. Cook indirect until 145*. I forget Emeril's name for it,but I call it the "Vampire Killer"!

Back