No new kettle colors for 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
I got my hands on a copy of the 2009 Weber product catalog (thanks Don C!) and it shows just the standard 22.5" kettle colors...black, dark blue, and green. And only black for the 26.75" kettle.

I'm not surprised about the 26.75" kettle, but was hoping we'd get that copper-colored kettle here in the U.S. that has been photographed at European trade shows.

What gives?

Regards,
Chris

I figured the 26 would just be black...oh well..at least we got the 26"...finally. Maybe 2010 we will get an option. Cant wait to get my hands on one.

yep, it really kinda ticks me off that europe gets colors and we don't. guess weber doesn't think much of us dumb americans.

About 100ft from my house (in Belgium) is a store that has a copper OTG and an Apple Green OTG in the window. They are very nice looking indeed. But remember, we pay a lot more here than you do back in the states. They have to offer "something more" in order to get Europeans to pay the high price for these kettles. I don't even want to think about how much I have spent on Webers here. I miss what I paid back in the US.

I kinda go with Phillip with this one, I think it's just a marketing image thing that they have them in different colours for different countries but at the same time, are charging a premium price.
Here in Australia, an OTS is about $199 AUS, a OTG is about $299 AUS and a performer is a whopping $729 AUS.

My OTS is a bronze colour and is approx 12-15 yrs old and still in good working condition, my Performer is a Sage Green and only 7 months old.
I actually bought my Performer for a special reduced price of $589 AUS which saved me $132 from RRP.

I'm only worried now that our Aussie dollar has plunged to great depths of dispair that all Weber products will go up dramatically.
So will stuff like woodchips/chunks and accessories.

Cheers

Davo

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Joe Dang:
How much is much more?

I'd love a copper OTG. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, for example. A 18.5" OTG retails for 139$ in the US and can often be found cheaper. The one I had in the US I paid 99$ for. Here the same grill is 199euros (about 270$, but the exchange rate is a bit rediculous now so don't take that into too much consideration) and you practically never see them on sale below that.

Thankfully several people got together to get me a WSM for my birthday. It kept me from buying a cheaper, lower quality unit that probably would have frustrated me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back