A tip for cleaning probe tips.

Mike P.

TVWBB All-Star
I wear glasses and use the cheap alcohol treated wipes for the lenses. These things work great on my Maverick ET 732 and Thermapen probes.

Just FYI.

Sounds like i have to buy some glasses
icon_biggrin.gif

Great Tip!

I find that an SOS pad works wonders. While you probably dont have to clean it every time, I think it is far more easy to keep clean vs try to remove several smokes of build up. I just put the pad away to use again next time

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeff R:
I find that an SOS pad works wonders. While you probably dont have to clean it every time, I think it is far more easy to keep clean vs try to remove several smokes of build up. I just put the pad away to use again next time </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do not use my Maverick much anymore but I also clean with an SOS pad.

I noticed while doing the water boiling/ice temp test. that just a few seconds of being in the boiling water (obviously I didnt put the hole probe in there but I'd assume its safe as long as up to the wire is only submerged) it came sparkling clean with the boiling water. shiney like a new nickle. one day i'll break down and buy a steam cleaner. I bet it works wondering on grates.

I noticed while doing the water boiling/ice temp test. that just a few seconds of being in the boiling water (obviously I didnt put the hole probe in there but I'd assume its safe as long as up to the wire is only submerged) it came sparkling clean with the boiling water. shiney like a new nickle. one day i'll break down and buy a steam cleaner. I bet it works wondering on grates.

You beat me to it James. The hot/boiling water trick is great. I just put a cup of water in the microwave for a min or 2 and then stick the tip of the probe in it for about 30 seconds. It usually wipes clean. If not, then put it in for another 30 seconds. I am sure if you combine this hot water soak with a scrubbie or SOS pad, it will get the most stubborn stains off.

Kg

Back