Can't find stoker on my local network

Lorin Woo

I just received my stoker this week, now I'm trying to hook it up to my pc so I can view it from another pc.
I put the ip address in the address bar and it brought up the stoker software.
I can also view it with the Stokerlog program.
When I go into my router (linksys) to view the DHCP clients table, it brings up 2 pc's and a printer, all with their mac id's. It doesn't show the stoker.
I tried to power the system up like this:
1.stoker 2.router 3.PC
It still didn't find the ip address.
Can anybody tell me what I might be doing wrong?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I put the ip address in the address bar and it brought up the stoker software.
I can also view it with the Stokerlog program. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not techie, so I may not be of much help. But it sounds to me like you have found it. I know I'm missing something, just not sure what.

I'm not sure about this but if you have a static IP address for the Stoker, then it wouldn't show up in the DHCP list I wouldn't think. I have my Stoker going through a wireless bridge and I can't see it in the DHCP table either, but it has a static IP.

That would explain why it doesn't show up in my list. What I was trying to do is be able to see the Stokerlog program from an outside of network pc, like at my buddies house across the street. I'm not using a wireless bridge and I do have a static IP.

You would have to configure your router to allow port forwarding. Set port forwarding so that requests coming in on port 80 are forwarded to the IP address of the Stoker. Once you do this, your friend would have to open a browser and type your computer's IP address (the one assigned by your ISP) into the URL field and your router would open up the Stoker's web server. Does this make sense?

edit: I don't know how to see the Stokerlog program running on another pc without using some sort of tool that provides Remote Access or a service like GoToMyPC. The port forwarding instruction is for using the native Stoker web server, not StokerLog. You could try port forwarding and then installing StokerLog on your friend's PC then use http only to access it, but I am not sure this would work...

THe Stoker is an odd beast to network routers. I don't know why, but it will not show up on the client list of most routers, and if you set it to a static address, it won't port forward on some. It will port forward on a DHCP address, but as you know they can change. I have a router that will allow you to reserve an IP address for a MAC address, so I do that. It will forward just fine, and even do port translation.

It will forward OK if you let the router assign the address. If you need to know the MAC address, go to the command prompt and ping the router, the type arp -a . That will return the mac address.

Back