What to do???

Eric G

TVWBB Fan
Well I have now 2 WSMs and 1 Stacker, with 1 Guru Etemp Pitminder. I love the ease that the Etemp brings to smoking. Well here in lies my dilema.

I could pickup another Guru Etemp Pitminder. I am pleased with how mine already works and ease of use. The worry free overnight cooks cant be beat.

I also for a bit more than the Etemp can get the basic Dual Cooker System from Stoker. The other route would be to get the Basic System from Stoker and upgrade as I see fit.

I guess Im just looking for opinions and insight from others that may or may not have 2 WSMs on what direction to go.

Just my 2cents.

Simple? You're happy with the Etemp. Stick with it.

Sophistication? Get the Basic, if you like it add on. Once you work up to the dual system, you can always sell your Etemp.

Stick with what works, and what you know, need, and trust. Bling is just bling, nothing more than a flash in the pan.
icon_wink.gif
As always, JMO.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric G:
Well I have now 2 WSMs and 1 Stacker, with 1 Guru Etemp Pitminder. I love the ease that the Etemp brings to smoking. Well here in lies my dilema.

I could pickup another Guru Etemp Pitminder. I am pleased with how mine already works and ease of use. The worry free overnight cooks cant be beat.

I also for a bit more than the Etemp can get the basic Dual Cooker System from Stoker. The other route would be to get the Basic System from Stoker and upgrade as I see fit.

I guess Im just looking for opinions and insight from others that may or may not have 2 WSMs on what direction to go. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Get the Stoker Dual, sell the Guru on eBay, then control two pits with one machine. Add Stoker Log by Amir, and you will have an amazing setup.

If you're fond of technology, desire the ability to control/monitor your smokers from your computer, want to receive email/SMS updates on pit and meat temps on your cell phone, are interested in detailed graphs of your cooks and want to control multiple smokers from one device, then I'd say the Stoker is for you. If none of the above matter to you I'd probably go with a second Guru.

Guru.

If you want bells and whistles, sure. But I am finding more and more that even though I have a wireless network complete with server in the house, that I want to surf some net, watch some vids and cook some Q.

When I want to play with the latest tech, I do so. When I want to play with Q, I do so...I don't want my Carolina Red sauce in my keyboard!!!!

So I have come to love the Guru. Set it, go away and configure the LAN for your next party.

But know that you BBQ is rock solid. Not that you can't get rock solid from Stoker, I have read that you can. But Guru is fantastic for me. And I can read it from like a mile away and I am half blind!

I went through the same question about 3 months ago. I think you have to decide if you want to have a system that you can upgrade and be able to adapt to a bunch of different scenerios or do you just want to set and forget? I went with Stoker and am not sorry that I did. I have read about the Guru and it is also a fine device. Only you can answer the question. Either way is good but Stoker is so much more than just a temperature controller. Good luck!

Back