Best zester?

Microplane is my go-to for zesting along with grating fresh nutmeg. Also starting using it for garlic vs. chopping or putting through a garlic press.

stay away from the microplane paddles that are plastic. I busted mine with some over zealous grating.

Originally posted by K Kruger:
Microplane.

They make ones that are plastic? I've never seen those.

yep - plastic frame on the paddle type. I have a broken one though it's still usable.

I'm gonna jump on the Microplane bandwagon here. Just got one a couple months ago and it is fantastic.

I've got the one that Brad linked to above.

If you need small amounts of really fine zest, it works pretty well. If you were going to attack a bunch of citrus (for Limoncello, for examply) I wish it was somewhere between their Medium and the way it is - medium/fine would be about perfect.

The fine one is the "cats pajamas" for whole Nutmeg, though! (If you like Nutmeg, and have never used the whole stuff - do yourself a favor and try it with a suitable fine grater!)

I agree Microplane is the best grater/zester on the market. I resisted for years but they finally got me and I'm glad they did. It is futile to resist!!!!!

Back