WSM 22 Cajun Bandit Door?

Jeff Boudman

TVWBB Wizard
Does it arrive as a tight fit or does it need to be bent to fit?
I bought one for my 18 and couldn’t bend it to be serviceable. I only used it once as the Weber door was better.
Thanks.

Depends to be honest. Also do you have a gasket or not? I used a flashlight on the inside to check for gaps and just adjusted the top corners and it was a tight fit. I also have the Southco latch.

They are pretty consistent in shape and radius, but the problem is that all of the WSMs are not. I wasn't too impressed with mine, as far as fit goes, though the quality is outstanding. It is the only mod to my 22 that I really wish that I hadn't done. I shaped it a bit, and it fits ok now. No gasket here either. That said, my WSM 22 works very well.

Charlie

No, I don’t have a gasket.
The last two I got would have been pretty good fits without a gasket. 1 fit better then the other but it had more to do with the smoker.

I have gaskets so I had to adjust them a bit. Usually the top corners are the issue. I did so by bending with my hands. It didn't take much to be honest. I bent it a bit then fit it and used a flashlight. Just make sure your latch is set correctly.

I got a gasket for my 22 cause the door was tweaked. straighten door with a paint can But added the gasket anyway. Glad I did that! Only mod I did. Works perfectly!! BTW, my WSM 14 has no mods and works perfectically,

I got a gasket for my 22 cause the door was tweaked. straighten door with a paint can But added the gasket anyway. Glad I did that! Only mod I did. Works perfectly!! BTW, my WSM 14 has no mods and works perfectically,
For the 22 door they say to use a 5 gallon bucket. I just worked mine with my hands and checked for gaps using a flashlight. Once there wasn't any light coming through I called it good. On an older one I had I actually just stepped down on it to flatten it a bit just to see if it would work. I applied light force and it did a good job.

Lots of good advice here - just chiming in to say that I like the CB Door on my 22" WSM. I installed mine with a gasket, but it's been too long for me to remember if or how I had to bend it. I have no smoke leaks around my door. The flashlight test is a good suggestion.

Back