Will You Name your Go-to Site for Recipes?

BFletcher

TVWBB Platinum Member
No offense to this impossibly perfect site but--if you were to stray from the recipes found here--would you have one, main go-to site if you were looking for something new, or possibly wanted to explore a tweak to one of your own recipes?

Mine over the past few years has been https://natashaskitchen.com/. Will you name yours?

Last edited:
I've visited Natasha's, too, but there's so much out there - plus YouTube, especially for grill recipes. Often I don't search for perfection. I search for what fits, if my time and ingredients inventory is limited.

I visit several sites when looking for new ideas., especially to adapt recipes to the Instant Pot and Air Fryer Lid. As new trends appear I'll also look at a few recipes to get an idea of basics and variations.

I just do a search for the type of recipe I want and see what pops up. If it fits my needs, I convert it to a word doc. print it and file it in the appropriate word doc. file. If we make it and like it the hard copy also gets placed in the appropriate binder if not it goes into the round file and the word doc. is deleted.

Interesting topic. I have used Foodnetwork a lot, allrecipes, recipes off of youtube, ATK, etc.. What I DON'T WANT in a website for recipes is a bunch of pop up adds, and some bodies 8 paragraph story with pop up adds in between that forces me to scroll endlessly before I find the actual recipe. It's pretty old school, but i like to print out recipes and put them in a binder if I like them.

I've been interested in this website for a while, and this thread sort of pushed me into giving it a look. https://www.seriouseats.com/
Looks to be easy to navigate and mostly add free from what I can tell in 5 minutes of surfing. When you get to the recipe, there is a link in the top right so you can just cut to the chase and print it if you aren't interested in the story behind the recipe.

I've gotten several good recipes from heygrillhey.com
Steven Raichlen's sites (stevenraichlen.com and barbecuebible.com) are also on my "go-to" list.

For a long time I relied on TVWB for great recipes. Foodnetwork.com has been a good source also. Nowadays, Google is my friend.

Allrecipes.com and their app too is often a good place.

I watch a lot of YouTube cooks.

And many of those sites already listed here.

There is no one goto as I have a fairly diverse menu that I cook.

Can't believe I forgot to mention I also go to all of my cookbooks. Especially Weber's and Raichlen's.
Oops, I forgot those too! It must be said that I've never run into a "bad" recipe from one of Purviance's books. I'm surprised they don't get mentioned more often around here.

I like using simple recipes and have memorized most of them.
I also use Aunt Bee’s Mayberry Cookbook and Whole Hog BBQ by Sam Jones.

Oops, I forgot those too! It must be said that I've never run into a "bad" recipe from one of Purviance's books. I'm surprised they don't get mentioned more often around here.
Grant, I know I mention them as often as I can. lol
Wish Chris had a thread just for Weber cookbook users.

Being from the old school, I get my recipes from good old fashion cooking magazines.
I like the recipes from my old school "fundraiser" cookbooks. The ladies at church or members of various social groups would donate their personal recipes, and the books were sold to raise money for their charitable projects.

To the original question - I don't really have a go-to site, but I have noticed that a good portion of the recipes that catch my eye seem to come from Taste Of Home.

Back