Why is brisket so BEEFY?

Clay Dawon

I've smoked all kinds of things on my WSM 18.5 (olives and cheese to butts and briskets). My kale loving wife has requested another round of brisket with the following reasoning, "With brisket, I can put a few slices on anything, like a kale, and the beef flavor is THERE." I have to agree. Although smoking hamburgers is my teenager's favorite.

I believe that brisket has beefy flavour IF you don't stuff/inject with "exotic" mix! For me beef broth and some melted dry rub. No more!

To me, brisket is just ok .. For real beefy flavor I prefer cuts from the chuck (chuck-eye roast ) or rump (eye round ):)

Tim

IMO, You can inject mixer of butchers and beef bouillon into the point. Render it, then make some amazing burnt ends with that Big Beefy Taste

To me, brisket is just ok .. For real beefy flavor I prefer cuts from the chuck (chuck-eye roast ) or rump (eye round ):)

Tim
I have to agree here. A chuck arm or blade roast, cubed up and browned really well and simmered into a stew, is the pinnacle of beef flavor in my book. A rib-eye steak is a close second. Brisket comes in somewhere down the scale a bit, with flank steak and some of the other cheap and lean cuts at the bottom.

Back