Where do you keep your smoker/grill?

Jas

TVWBB Fan
I have covers for both the performer and my 22 WSM and I keep them on the edge of my patio I want to build a pad to keep them on because I need the space back on my patio. How do the covers do in the rain and elements? Any recommendations? I wish I could keep them on the patio but it's just not going to work with all my tools. I really need a shop for my tools.

I am lucky to have storage. I keep my WSM in my garage and my grill on a covered porch (10x10) with a cover on it. I've had times earlier where I had no choice and a cover works well. For a grill, they work real well. For a WSM, I like the contractor size plastic garbage bag. I don't think that would fit over a 22 WSM. One thing to be careful about with covers is that you need to cinch them at the bottom. Wind can get under the cover and blow it off or even tip over your grill/WSM (not as common). There are better covers out there than the Weber covers and the prices can get crazy so do some shopping and look for something that's water proof (especially for the WSM) or find some water proofing (I think they sell it for seams on tents).

Last edited:
Make a home for them

6B9949BB-3002-4E59-876A-F4394E70A4DD_zpsatczz2mt.jpg

FWIW: I bought the gazebo (kit) from Lowes back in 2000 for $1,000

I keep my 18.5 on the back patio. I put a contractor size plastic bag over it then the cover. I haven't had any problems and it's been out there in the snow and rain.

Both my WSM and Preformer sit on the deck covered with weber covers. They spend all year out there, rain, snow, sun, wind. Never had any problems.

I keep my WSM and Char-Q in the garage or shed (covered), but the EP-330 lives in driveway alongside the garage currently (covered). If the driveway was paved, you bet your hind end it would get rolled in the garage every night. I get attached to my stuff and tend to keep things for a long time so I like them to stay nice. The wife picks on me, but she ought to be happy because that means I won't be looking to replace her either. ;)

Patio here too. I've got covers for the WSM & 22" Kettle, but in the 2+ years they'be been out there, the kettle has only gotten a few drops of rain once when it was blowing in nearly horizontally at just the right angle, so I don't bother covering them. I'd love to do something like Chuck's man cave or Jim's P1Gvillion one day!

The 14.5" WSM is easy to move, so it goes in a little yard barn after it is cooled off and emptied out. The kettle and genesis live on the patio near the kitchen door, and others in the garage.

WSM isn't used as often so it stays in the garage when not in use. I have a OTG that sees more duty so it stays on my back deck. I got a heavy duty grill cover on amazon last year since the cheap Weber one would never hold up outdoors all year round.

Back