What's the price of gas where you live?

Flying run this weekend from south of the MN Twin Cities across WI, southern edge of da YooPee, and about 100 miles south along Lake MI. Gas prices ranged from about $4.80 in MN and rose steadily the further away from home we got, to about $5.30.

I'm not looking forward to making this trip again in a month with a diesel truck & trailer at about one third that mileage.

If it's any consolation I am seeing diesel coming down in price. At the joint where I bought it a couple days ago I paid $5.399. Just 2 weeks prior it had been just over $6 So maybe things are going to cool down? IDK

It was $4.59 just down the street earlier this week, but it's come down to $4.49
I have found it for $4.39 here in NC this week!

Oddly enough (well I guess not oddly) We left Rockford metro with gas prices hovering right around $4.859 on Sunday, returned on Tuesday to find everything running $5.399 and UP!

Just went to Costco in Love's Park IL earlier today. $4899 which is down $0.06 from a couple days ago. Oddly the huge lines were not there. Maybe the demand collapse is finally happening? I wish Costco sold diesel

This afternoon Sam's Club here dropped again from $5.14 to $5.10 and the lines returned. Fortunately, I don't gas up after about 10am here due to the temps. You'll spend more in fuel to run the a/c while in line.

Wow! Another big price drop to $5.09 at Sam's Club. Got fuel this morning with very short lines to avoid the holiday weekend theatrics. Saved an extra 14 cents.

Price was $ 5.16 at Speedway which is the cheapest I've seen in awhile.
I'm in Kendall county, was up in Will county this AM and average price was $ 5.89.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been deleting political/taxation commentary in this thread for quite a while. I'm asking nicely...please stay on-topic with gas prices where you live. Do not express political opinions or frustrations, we have avoided that for 22 years through good times and bad, numerous recessions, wars, five presidents and twelve congresses. If such posts continue, I will lock the thread to new discussion.

Back