What are you cooking for Smoke Day?

Not sure - have to ask the wife as celebrating her bday on Memorial Day this year...either small brisket or ribs...those look real good! I did beef ribs last month and they came out very good! Cheers and enjoy, y'all!

Meijer has briskets at $3.99/lb. this week, if I hadn’t gotten ribs and salmon for this weekend, I’d be doing a brisket but, that’s a possibility now that I think about it, I’ve got a week

We have a anniversary celebration meeting at the end of the month so I am doing a Brisket smoke. Looking forward to it. Lots freinds in from out of town. going to be very good.

Just came to have a look see (again).
Still been smoking and grilling, just not been posting much.
Anyway, not being American, I assume it is this coming weekend?
It's next week the last Monday in May.
They did that so everyone has a three day weekend.
I'm still working on a head count but whole packer brisket for sure.

Ive had an itch for some ribs for several weeks. And since I’m having to cancel the J.W. Birthday, too many irons in the fire around the plantation. It will be just a couple of friends and a sort of potluck. I will do ribs, smoked polish wrapped with bacon (Thanks Timothy!) brisket dip (Costco), beans, maybe some Mac and cheese? No, I’m not planning on a lot! Well, may cut the Mac and cheese in lieu of some shotgun shells (I can make those early). Or, I might just do the Polish, ribs and, beans. I’m always biting off more than I can chew! But, we are ahead on planting around the house, painting the patio table, staining the deck!
Graves must be tended but, we have a little time yet. Wife’s back has become a limiting factor in this and she and I have been the only family to tend her family’s graves for the last 30 years. My family is spread too far and wide for me to plant anything. One more reason I don’t want to be in a stone orchard, throw me around the cottage or bluegrass festivals. Sorry that got WAYYYYY off track!

Last edited:
I was able to ask the meat dept at Costco for some uncut chuck short ribs, got two pieces in Cryovac. They're USDA Prime but not as thick as I'd like. Oh well, I'm sure they'll be tasty!
That's pretty cool that they did that for you. Our Costco (Antioch) does nothing for anyone. I'm hoping that the new Costco coming to Brentwood is more accommodating

Back