Weber Summit Charcoal Grill article in Wired Magazine

Interesting read. But for me I still can't get past the price. I'm sure if I had one I'd be very happy with it. But I'll keep my fleet of Weber's for now.

Interesting read. But for me I still can't get past the price. I'm sure if I had one I'd be very happy with it. But I'll keep my fleet of Weber's for now.

Rich, if you put all 9 of your grills on CL you might have enough for one of these.:)

They are impressive, but way outside of my grilling budget.

Rich, if you put all 9 of your grills on CL you might have enough for one of these.:)

They are impressive, but way outside of my grilling budget.

Yeah Pat but what would I do with all the space I'd have if I emptied the parking lot

DSCN4211_zpsrdmq7qof.jpg

Plus the two gassers under the patio cover.
DSCN4208_zpst16obhiv.jpg

Last edited:
The website (Wired) complains that I had an ad-blocker installed, so I couldn't read the article. I can pay $1 a week to get access, but I think I am going to pass :D

The website (Wired) complains that I had an ad-blocker installed, so I couldn't read the article. I can pay $1 a week to get access, but I think I am going to pass :D

If you, Rob or any others running an ad-blocker like myself want to read it for free, just white list wired.com in your ad-blocker.

Yeah, the price is outrageous, very expensive stamped steel. A fair price would be $500-$700 tops, anymore than that and people are getting you know what i mean.

I've always thought Weber hamstrung themselves for future 'premium' charcoal grill sales by having the original design be just too darned good! Going after the kamado market seems like a good move where users have a demonstrated higher fiscal threshold, but man oh man $1700. sprains my mind just contemplating it.

1700 bones!!! momma would kill me! Have my eye on the Char-Griller AKORN Kamado at Wally world, coming up for clearance sale. ;)

I can have my 22" Kettle, an 18" WSM, and a Spirit Series for all less than the Summit Charcoal. Why have three when you can have 1? Because that is more thinks cooking at the same time. I use two at a time quite a bit.

Yeah, I would love to have one, but feel it is priced about twice as much as I'm willing to buy. If it was $1,000 for the WSCG Grilling Center then I would probably bite. But for now, am perfectly happy with my Performer and 22 WSM.

Yeah, I would love to have one, but feel it is priced about twice as much as I'm willing to buy. If it was $1,000 for the WSCG Grilling Center then I would probably bite. But for now, am perfectly happy with my Performer and 22 WSM.

I think you're bang on the money. $1K with a worktable is exactly the right pricepoint for a premium purchase I'd say, but what do I know? I guess we shall see what the market will bear...

Back