Two kinds of grilled chicken breasts

RJ Banks

TVWBB All-Star
Since I joined here I have seen roadside chicken mentioned multiple times. Looked the recipe up but it didn't seem that impressed by the ingredient list. Wanted to try something out of my norm so decided to give it a try on half my chicken. The other half received Stubbs chicken citrus and onion marinade.

Stubbs in top bag, roadside in bottom.

Totally for got to take any action shots. Basted a few times during the cook for each. Stubbs on the left.

One of each along with sides.

Well, I must say I am upset with myself for not giving the roadside chicken a chance earlier. This is definitely going into the regular rotation. Everyone lived it. The Stubbs was really good also and would buy again.

Very nice job!! I can tell you that the roadside chicken recipe here has people acting like i am a great cook. I can't tell you how much praise i get from this chicken. Its like all my other cooking was bad till i started cooking it. My family now requests this chicken on a regular basis.

Had not heard of this roadside chicken until I joined this site recently.

I'll have to give that a go soon.

Thanks. Dave give it a try. It's really good. Make sure you hold some of the marinade out before putting the chicken in it and baste it throughout the cook.

Thanks for the tip RJ. May just pick up chicken for this weekend on the 22 while I smoke a butt on the 26'er

RS is one off the best on chicken..Stubbs is well not my cup of tea..But then again i only tryed there wing sauce.

Back