Turning leftovers into Nachos

Michael Richards

TVWBB Emerald Member
This past Saturday I made tinga with a rotisserie chicken from the kettle and this past Sunday I made pulled pork from the WSM. Tonight with the leftovers I made one tray of tinga and and one tray of pork nachos. Added some refried beans and the last of the homemade salsa Verde. Topped with cheddar, Coby Jack, and a little leftover Oaxaca cheese.
IMG_20240213_173055.jpg

After 10 minutes at 400 ready to serve.
IMG_20240213_174125.jpg

Close up of the pork nachos tray.
IMG_20240213_174130.jpg

And the chicken tinga close up.
IMG_20240213_174134.jpg

Dinner was a huge hit and a great use of leftovers. I think the family will be open to them again.

Looks great and you can send a tray of those nachos this way. Great job with left overs.

Thanks everyone! Yeah, I have been seeing so many of you guys leftover pork nachos for a long time and been wanting to go for it. This seemed like the perfect opportunity with having the tinga and the pork. What I was surprised about was everyone wanted the pork not the chicken, didn't expect that in my house.

Thanks everyone! Yeah, I have been seeing so many of you guys leftover pork nachos for a long time and been wanting to go for it. This seemed like the perfect opportunity with having the tinga and the pork. What I was surprised about was everyone wanted the pork not the chicken, didn't expect that in my house.
Those would not last 4 minutes in my house. Awesome leftovers, Michael! Can you share some details on the chicken tinga?

Those would not last 4 minutes in my house. Awesome leftovers, Michael! Can you share some details on the chicken tinga?
Tim,
Here are two past threads but I have about 5 on Rotisserie Chicken Tinga as this is one of my family's favorites and Tinga chicken Enchiladas Verda may be my most favorite meal ever. The post form this past smoke day really shows what the sauce looks like before I bend it and what it looks like when it is added to the chicken.

Post in thread 'Happy WSM Smoke Day!' https://tvwbb.com/threads/happy-wsm-smoke-day.94915/post-1097935

So here is the breakdown:
With either one or two whole chickens, I used this Mexican marinade.
IMG_20240214_220242.jpg

With one chicken I make a double batch of this marinade, with two whole chickens I do a triple or quad batch. Marinade overnight then rotisserie on your Weber of choice until the breast reads 160.

After a rest, pull the meat, make sure to enjoy the charred skin and wings as the chief's treat, and make the tinga sauce using the below recipe.
IMG_20240214_220252.jpg

Today, I add a touch of Mike's hot honey and don't grade the garlic because it gets blended anyways. Those two chilies (deseeded) bring enough heat for us, add more deseeded Chipotle chilies or add full Chipotles with seeds to your heat desire.

Add the chicken and the tinga sauce and break the chicken up as much as you choose and let thicken. Serve as tacos, burritos, nachos, my favorite enchiladas, or any other great Mexican dish.

Back