Traveler, Q, or other? Favorite LP portable grill…

First Cook on Traveler was breakfast for dinner. Family loved it and wants to do it again. Here's a pic of the 1st cook early on before eggs to order and 2nd load of hash browns. The Traveler is simple and well thought out. It will augment my kettles well (not sure it can beat a steak grilled over charcoal).

Traveler 1st Cook.jpg

Will do. It's my first Gas grill ever. I've been die hard charcoal in Kettles. It was really fun cooking on this thing. I feel myself slowly slipping to the dark side.
Now that you've had it a few months, how are you liking it?

Now that you've had it a few months, how are you liking it?
I like it. Over the last few months the Traveler earned the spot right beside my SSP (moving my beloved 18” kettle down a spot) which is saying something.

Traveler with rotisserie.jpg

The Traveler can cook a lot of different ways and quickly. I like the overall sleek appearance and solid build. I like the small footprint. It's not massive looking overall yet it has a comfortable grill height (taller than my SSP) and grill space that is very much like a full size grill. I like the built in table which is a perfect size now that I hang a grill caddy to hold bottles/spices/paper towels. It’s very easy to move around my patio. I do wish it had 2 separately controlled burner zones but I appreciate the simplicity of one burner.

I've gotten several accessories over time so can use it as a grill, griddle, rotisserie, pizza oven, etc. I did a rotisserie chicken a few weeks ago that turned out pretty good. l really enjoy using it as a griddle. I keep it set up as half griddle and half grill now for quick meals.

That's awesome! I actually just picked up a used one yesterday. For $75 I couldn't resist. Seems to have a regulator issue, otherwise just dirty from sitting in a shed. I'm hoping to like it as well as you do. I'm already in love with how clever it is to fold up, looks like a great little grill

I've almost pulled the trigger on a Traveler several times, but I already have a Q1200, Q2000, Char Q, Go Anywhere Charcoal, and a Go Anywhere Gas. lol. I'm not in any loss for portable grills so it's hard to justify the purchase. Looks like a great grill, though.

That's awesome! I actually just picked up a used one yesterday. For $75 I couldn't resist. Seems to have a regulator issue, otherwise just dirty from sitting in a shed. I'm hoping to like it as well as you do. I'm already in love with how clever it is to fold up, looks like a great little grill
$75 is a fantastic deal. They are $400 new and usually $250-300 used in my area. Let us know how you like it after you’ve used it a few times.

I thought I did good at $175. Mine was new in box with top open but contents never disturbed. It was obviously sitting around for a long time since box had some wear and was dated 2021, the year I think Traveler was introduced. It was gift the seller never got around to using. I felt lucky.

Back