Thanksgiving turkey breast

BobH-SCW

TVWBB Super Fan
A little late to getting this out, but I successfully did a 7 lb turkey breast on my new Performer, and it came out great! Prep included a Weber inspired rub recipe plus an orange and lemon in the cavity. Used both of my Napolean baskets-a bit larger than Webers. Filled them up with KBB and apple chunks. Only took about 20-25 minutes to get to 350 temp-monitored with the Thermoworks Smoke, and 1 1/2 hrs later it was done to perfection.IMG_2358.jpgIMG_2361.jpgIMG_2360.jpgIMG_2362.jpg

Thanks Cliff! Had been out of practice but this has encouraged me to do more smoking this winter. I love my new Performer, and know I can cook almost anything in it. For now we are going to enjoy our 2 Webers and put the smoker on hold. Wife works for Ace and her boss was really pushing her to get a Traeger Pro 520, but I'm good for now.

Nice cook Bob, love the pups too. I really like my performer also, but for the last three years I only get to use it in the winter.
Jim Lampe came up with a great way to do high heat ribs on a kettle. I do these all the time now especially in the winter It's a quick cook so I'm not out in the cold freezing my butt off. And they come out great.

Back