Thanksgiving Dinner and Taking One for the Team

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
This year it was just Barb and myself along with the furry kids.

Barb volunteered to work an early shift at Safeway so I was on my own for the most part to get dinner going.

Did a 16lb. turkey on the camp chef using Weber’s Brined and Barbecued Turkey with Pan Gravy recipe. Didn’t take any pictures of that as it wasn’t cooked on a Weber.

Used my indoor Weber crock pot (not a real Weber) that I made up as a fun thing. Or as Barb says you’re an old man with too much time on your hands.
Made some sweet potatoes with pecans and marshmallows in that, came out great.

Next up my Grandmothers sage stuffing which has been in our family over 100 years, love the stuff.

Made my cranberry sauce with mandarin oranges next.

Barb made her green bean casserole when she got home.

When I was at Walmart I saw a box of frozen White Castel sliders and decide to make the mythical White Castle stuffing. After seeing the recipe here on the forum
So here is my contribution to the team
Simple enough to make only five other simple ingredients other than the burgers and I was surprised by the taste, not something I would make again and I’m sure my Grandmother was spinning in her grave when I put that on the plate. Let’s just say it wasn’t horrible. Might be a fun thing to make camping.

It was an enjoyable day and Barb and I are so thankful for so many things.

Hope your T-day was as nice as ours.

101_6054.JPG

101_6040.JPG

101_6043.JPG

101_6058.JPG

101_6063.JPG

White Castle Stuffing
101_6047.JPG

Great looking feast, Rich! I sure would have loved to see a pic of your bird (Weber or not!) :) On looks alone, I give the win to grandma's stuffing....that is my favorite pic of the bunch! Looks perfect!

R

Great looking meal. I'd never heard of White Castle Stuffing so did a google search. Is it really made with WC burgers? There isn't a WC within 50 miles of me.

Great looking meal. I'd never heard of White Castle Stuffing so did a google search. Is it really made with WC burgers? There isn't a WC within 50 miles of me.
Jerry I used frozen sliders, got mine at Walmart also available at Safeway and Albertsons out here.

Looks really good, Rich. That White Castle stuffing sounds...interesting.

Great job getting everything put together, Rich! I hope you set aside a couple of WCs for snacks. ;)

Whitecastle.com says WCs in Algonquin and Aurora are less than 50 miles from Rockford (61109 zip). I'd absolutely make that drive once in awhile.;)

Back