Talk about luck got a performer platinum for $50

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
[.What luck! The wife and I last evening talked about getting a used Performer to replace our OTS. I like the idea of a small work surface and would like to have the gas lighter. This morning we went yard sale shopping and the first place we hit which was about three blocks from our house, bingo a platium performer for $50 in great condition. The also have a green silver B and tomorrow if its still there I'll make a silly offer as they are leaving to move to another state and can't take it with them. It's also in good shape and a liitle clean up and I could flip it as I already have one and pay for the performer. Life is good!
Rich

performer005_zpsfdb6de6e.jpg

performer003_zpsb59233db.jpg

Damn!!! Did you check the ash catcher or charcoal holder for any diamonds....jewelry...or cash??? Send some of that Karma my way.

Damn!!! Did you check the ash catcher or charcoal holder for any diamonds....jewelry...or cash??? Send some of that Karma my way.
James,

Nope no diamonds but when we got home we found stuffed in the charcoal bucket was a new Weber cover for it and three bags of unopened wood chips cherry, apple and pecan.

WOW, I need to pay more attention to the yard sales in my area. There is always one close by every weekend. Nice score!!

Oh my hell.... Okay Rich, keep the cover, ditch the chips. I want to see some posts and pictures on what you can do with this new found gem.

Oh my hell.... Okay Rich, keep the cover, ditch the chips. I want to see some posts and pictures on what you can do with this new found gem.

As we speak it's been disassembled but its raining here with lighting so walking around with a big metal bucket in the lighting didn't seem to smart. I'll clean it tomorrow and touch up any paint areas, but from what I have seen it's almost perfect and just needs a good cleaning. Sunday it's first assignment is going to be an apple smoked pork loin and some grilled veggies. seeing that it's the same kettle as my OTS should be a cake walk. I'll post some pics Sunday.
Rich

More good luck all it took was a little soap and water and the new addition to the fleet of Webers looks like new. Tomorrow we cook!

Rich

performer1001_zps25acc32b.jpg

...they are leaving to move to another state and can't take it with them.
what state in this union doesn't allow charcoal grills? If there is one, let's cut them out and shove'm into the ocean!

by the way, very nice clean up Rich!

And more good luck has come my way. When I did the first post I said that the people who I got the performer from had a green silver B also for sale. well today they were closing up the estate sale at 1pm and they are moving Monday. I went over at 12:30 and the Weber b was still there with a $60 tag on it. I asked if she would take less and she said " give me $20.00 and its yours" Yep The good luck fariy kissed me again.
I have the twin to this one so I'm going to flip it and pay for it and my performer. I already cleaned the tables and they look like new, the flavor bars are in great shap along with the grates also came with a full tank of propane. looks like this one will be like the performer a little soap and water and looking good and ready to go.
Oh and thanks for all the nice comments.

Rich
weberb001_zpsf88f59b2.jpg

WOW! I got my performer on Greg's list for 180 and thought I got a great deal, but 50? It just sickins me.

WOW! I got my performer on Greg's list for 180 and thought I got a great deal, but 50? It just sickins me.

Well I've been wanting a performer for quite a while and the good wife agreed after we did some pulled pork and brisket. What really made her agree was when she made her chicken with her own rub on our little OTS and she realized it was a little low and we had to drag a table over for a work station. We talked Friday night and she agreed with a $200 max budget for it. I thought it would take a long time to find a decent one for $200, then Saturday about 9am Bingo.
I still can't beleive it myself.

Rich

Back