TAILGATE SUNDAY WEEK 3 (pics added!)

Chuck_B

TVWBB Wizard
Well it's midnight here on the east coast which means it's friday (THANK GOD!). It's been a loooooooooong week of work. But that means the weekend is upon us and another week of football is here. Week three of the NFL season means week three of TAILGATE SUNDAY!

What are some cooks planned for your teams games this weekend???

Went to rest depot with my friend and picked up a few things. I mentioned it already in another post but we picked up two angus briskets to smoke (a 15.50lb and 15.69lb) and will probably half them. Will also be making some Chili with home grown hot peppers if I can swing that one in without anyone seeing. Might have to put the breaks on that though as I'm the one that likes the hot stuff. Sides of Mac & Cheese and Slaw of course. And also grilling some hot and sweet sausages. Potatos on the grill also. I'm all over the place sorry I'm half asleep.

While it is now friday, it's still a week day and I do have to work. Probably should shut it down. Need my energy! For the weekend that is
icon_razz.gif

I did some St. Louis spares and some chicken on Thursday. Probably pick the meat off the chicken and make some smoked chicken broth out of the bones and make some jambalaya or gumbo today. I have some Poche's andouille to add to it. Have to work on Saturday but the Tigahs don't play until 8PMCDT so I won't miss any of the game.

Sunday will be ABTs on the OTG, and Italian dressing-marinated birds and roasted corn on the gasser.

Picked my 'Skins to WIN this weekend over the hapless Rams, despite last year's abysmal showing...football pool record is 20-12 thus far - MEH.

Was planning on putting a pork butt in the WSM tonight and cooking overnight, but I have to go help my in-laws move some furniture on saturday. Guess I'll save it for OU-TX next weekend.

Cooking ~30 thighs (testing) tomorrow, but I will probably be lazy and just eat leftovers Sunday. Mac & cheese, maybe some pot. salad for sides.

Planning on cooking some boneless pork country style ribs and some boneless beef chuck style ribs side by side, being i am from Texas the beef ribs will be the home team that's just the way it has to be.
Final
Beef 28 Pork 24

I've had grilled salmon requested for tomorrow,but BOTH the god sons will be here sunday,so I'm gonna throw a butt on tomorrow night for sunday lunch/Panthes game.

I have two Boston Butts on now....
injectedboth.jpg

Injected and rubbed

rubbedbb1.jpg

rubbedbb2.jpg

I have rolled my first Fatty and will throw that on in the am. I stuffed it with cheese potatos and some turkey breast slices and wrapped it in a bacon weave.
I guess that's tailgate Saturday for me....

sounds like some good eats coming this weekend!

JS leftovers are just as good!

Dann those boston butts look delicious!

Everytime I open my fridge I see the briskets and I start salivating. I don't know if I can wait till sunday hahaha.

Sooo when I woke up this AM I was waiting for the Butts to finish so I took a stab at my first Fatty
fatty_in_bacon_weave.jpg

fattysmoked.jpg

fattydone.jpg

Inspired by this site, I filled it with potato, turkey, and cheddar.... Quite good.
Next time some eggs too.

Dan those pic's look great. Is that Wolfe rub you used on those butts? Also what did you use to inject them?

Today I did my first meat loafs on the wsm. I will say they were awesome! I will post some pic's later or in the morning. Tomorrow I'm making up some more MOINKS and some ribs I picked up at the store today.

I will be rooting from the sidelines this week. We are going to a friend's for the game. Maybe we will do something for Monday Night!? Have a good weekend.

Did some Baby Backs for the College games tonight and UFC. Turned out awesome! Sauced one rack and left one dry, love dry ribs! Went 4 hours at 235 no foil, meat came cleanly off bone with a gentle tug PERFECT!

Last nights salmon came off great! I put a butt on about 8:30 and am doing a BCC about 11. The hogs lost yesterday
icon_mad.gif
,but I've actually got high hopes for the cats today!
icon_wink.gif

icon_biggrin.gif
Silly me only has bottled beer! So I did a spatched bird that came out wonderful! The PP came out to the usual rave reviews. If only them kitty cats had showed up in the second half,it would have been a great day! Better luck next weekend!
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Love the pics Dann and Larry!

My sunday was a great success! Have to go to work right now and I'm already running late (HA!) but I will be posting pics later. Got rave reviews from the brisket and my friends brother was in town so he came by. He travels a lot for work and he said it was the best brisket he ever had so that made me feel good. I'll post all the pics and details later.

Is it to early to start thinking about week 4????

I did my tailgating on Saturday. Did some spares on my 22" Weber kettle. I started them in a rib rack, then spread them out on the grate after a couple of hours, regularly spraying them with apple juice during cooking.

Here they are, about 2/3-3/4 of the way through the cook:

5029820490_2267b219a7.jpg

I didn't get a great shot of them, but here is a photo of the finished product:

5029821466_9d0247a25a.jpg

I'm fairly new to this -- it was only my 3rd attempt at ribs, and were the best I've ever done. I attribute this to everyone here on this forum. I've learned a lot of technique here, and I (and all my tailgate buddies) would like to thank you all.

Sean
The ribs look awesome. You have some lucky tailgaters. Welcome to a really cool forum. The folks here have made me feel welcome in a short time. Great advice, great ideas, and just some nice people. Keep the pics coming (that's important here)

Back