Tacquito Tuesday

My bad folks. Meant to post this in the photo gallery. D'oh!
Tim I love the look of the chicken in the first pic.
Can you tell me more about how you cooked it as I stopped doing any sort of smoke on my chicken a long time ago, mainly due to rubber skin.
Yours looks good however.....I usually go hot n fast for great results but I have this chicken, buffalo blue cheese idea working in my head and your chicken would suit me perfectly.......thanks in advance.
If you want you can PM me.....

My family is trying to be more consistent about steadfastly maintaining Taco Tuesday. Or Fiesta Friday. Depends on our schedules. My wife and I are far more adventurous about food than our son, who will basically only eat ground beef tacos in a hard shell on such occasions.

So I have no pics of his tacos, but I did whip up a fair approximation of some chicken taquitos. Darryl inspired me here.

Spatched and smoked a 5 pounder.
View attachment 76537

Temps stayed steady at 240ish throughout. Roughly 3 hours on the bird.
View attachment 76542

Homemade tortillas! I dig my press. Gift from my much better half.
View attachment 76543
View attachment 76544

I par fry each tortilla in a hot pan for like 5 seconds/side. Couple of brown spots.
View attachment 76545

Chicken pulled after a short rest. Mixed with stick-blended onion, garlic, crushed tomatoes, etc. Some aji amarillo for kicks. I used about half the mixture, which made 8 tacquitos.
View attachment 76546

Then a longer fry on the tortillas. Stayed pliable. Lettuce, cotijo. Ready to roll.
View attachment 76547

Plated. Some really decent refried beans joined the Fiesta (thank you, Mark Bittman). Tomatillo salsa and sour cream.
View attachment 76548

Paired quite well with about 1/4 bottle of good bourbon 😃. Thanks for looking!
Can u share the tortilla recipe? Looks awesome

Tim I love the look of the chicken in the first pic.
Can you tell me more about how you cooked it as I stopped doing any sort of smoke on my chicken a long time ago, mainly due to rubber skin.
Yours looks good however.....I usually go hot n fast for great results but I have this chicken, buffalo blue cheese idea working in my head and your chicken would suit me perfectly.......thanks in advance.
If you want you can PM me.....
Just pmed you

Back