Stuffed smoked meatballs

Christopher H

TVWBB Fan
So this weekend my girlfriend was going to be making homemade spaghetti sauce so I decided I would try to smoke some meatballs. The results were AWESOME! Everyone loved them and I was pleasantly surprised. These were Italian meatballs I made so I would be interested to try this again with BBQ style meatballs.

I took about 1.5lbs mix of ground beef and ground chicken and mixed with egg, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, fresh garlic and Italian seasoning blend from McCormick. I then rolled them into meatballs and used my thumb to make a little meat bowl. I then put about a thumbnail size of freshly shredded mozzarella and put it inside. I folded the meat bowl in and re-rolled it.

I heated up the smoker to 250 and threw the meatballs on. I smoked with 2 fist size chunks of apple wood for 1.5 hours and then they were good to go! Definitely a must make addition to a meat or as an appetizer! I look forward to making these again this weekend for the MSU vs. U of M game!

EnSBx.jpg

Great job Christopher. Those look awesome - I bet they would be good with some Italian sausage mixed in too...

Regards,

John

Christopher you nailed that one for sure! I'm all over it and will be making them real soon.

very nice........ can you say yum...........................

I can YUM, dang those things look good and might need a try on my WSM this weekend.

Back