So what are you cooking on the 4th?

Spaghetti with Khinkali.
German potato salad.
and Paczki.

maybe some fried Tofu.
<span class="ev_code_WHITE">-------------</span>
icon_biggrin.gif

Well my lovely wife and I will be hauling our travel trailer to a beach in San Diego and with us goes our Smokey Joe Silver. We will probably stop at a Mexican Market to get some grilling meat and and grill, drink great craft beer while watching the fireworks.

Celebrating Independence Day on Saturday with around 20 guests.

Smoked Meatballs
ABTs
Spicy Apricot Wings
5 racks of Spares
8.5 Butt
Slaw
Corn Souffle
Grilled Veg
Baked Beans

Cherry Pie
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Watermelon

May be too much but I just got a FoodSaver!

Aloha... Will be spit roasting a whole hog this weekend for a Silver Anniversary BBQ. Have a great 4th of July weekend folks and be safe!

Down in Florida, just hoping the rain finally stops so I can have a sunny weekend.

12lb brisket - cooking overnight
2 racks BBs
ABTs
potato salad
beer
orzo salad?
champagne - its the USAs BDay after all
chips/dip/etc

Can't wait.

Started smokin last night. Two Boston Butts and a beef roast. Snce they were getting along nicely on the WSM I added a whole chicken at about 9 this morning. The plan is to pull all of it for a variety of BBQ sliders.

Of course I may have to add some brats to the performer some time this weekend. Or maybe some ribs. So many choices and so little time.

Mike

Several Cooks going on. Tonight seafood, Jumbo scallops, prawns and bbq'd oysters. Saturday undecided. Sunday taking Spares, baby backs, pig candy and maybe a fattie to a party. Monday garlic burgers and hot dogs.

I'm going to try a marinated flank steak on the grill - never done one before! Having some sort of potato dish on the side with salad and a yet to be determined dish to go with potatoes....

Have a wonderful holiday weekend! I'm working at the hospital Sat & Sun, but have Monday off. It'll be busy here... the "flatlanders" come up to the cool air, have too much to drink at our altitude and fill the ER with ATV, camping and hiking accidents.

PLEASE be safe this holiday weekend!!

We're having a cookout with the neighbors. My contributions will be:

On the WSM:
Brisket (7.17 lb)
Beef Ribs (2 slabs)

On the kettle:
Chicken wings

July 3rd, the best smoker in Bergen County NJ will entertaining about 15 to 20 guests. I will be serving up:
1. 4 rack Memphis-style wet ribs smoked over apple wood
2. BBQ Chicken
3. A dozen or so rib-eye steaks with my rub that always has my guests wondering and their mouths watering!
4. Smokes sausage and peppers
5. Burgers and dogs
6. Sides are Baked beans, potato salad, cole slaw, corn on the cob, and peas and rice, and salad.
8. Plenty of cold ones will be in a couple of coolers, of course. Red and white wines along with over beverages to set everyone in the right mood will be here.
7. So far, apple pie and ice cream is for desert.
8. Cannot forget the party music comming from the I-Pod and Bose docking station!

I just love this time of the year! Happy grillin all.

July 2nd - Tri Tip in the SJG with mesquite

July 3rd - 2 racks St. Louis style in the WSM using the 3-1-1 method w/ hickory wood.

July 4 - 1 Road Side Chicken, 1 teriyaki marinated flank steak, Corn OTC, pinto beans w/sliced jalapenos. + burgers for the dogs.

MY three grown kids and their families spent a couple of weeks with us recently. My oldest son did a couple of "demonstations" doing ribs with a rib rack on my 22.5 Weber One Touch Gold (the Minion Method) and the finest steaks I have ever eaten (using the American Test Kitchen method with Salt + Cornstarch then a short stay in a freezer just before grilling. The ribs were terrific and my son has a new convert to smoking ribs with my Weber Kettle.

We are kind of "resting up" so the 4th was kept rather simple. I grilled Pork Chops (bone in) using Montreal Steak Seasoning and the wife added mashed sweet potatoes and steamed broccoli. It was only WONDERFUL. I used my small 18.5 Weber One Touch Silver since I was only doing a couple of chops.

Dale53

Weber 22.5 One Touch Gold and Weber 18.5 One Touch Silver.

I had thawed out a chuckie, so the plan was to put that on in the morning, and then finish it as Pepper Stout Beef in the oven, at which time I'd put on a rack of ribs, then some chicken, which we'd have for dinner.

Put the chuckie on around 11:00AM and headed to the supermarket. It had started to rain lightly just before I left, so I put up a beach umbrella to shield the WSM from the rain.

On the way home from the supermarket the bottom dropped out of the sky. I sat in my driveway for 10 minutes, waiting for a break in the deluge before I gave up and ran into the house with the groceries.

As I got to the kitchen I glanced out the window and saw the beach umbrella cartwheeling across the backyard!

There was water in the bottom of the WSM up to the charcoal grate, and as a consequence, wet fuel.

I replaced the umbrella, took the smoker apart, poured out most of the water by tipping the bottom section, then fished out the soggy charcoal and replaced with dry.

Needless to say, my timetable was thrown off!

Ended up taking the chicken and some potatoes off at 7:00PM for dinner, then pulled the ribs off at 8:00 (leftovers!).

The chuckie finally hit 165 about 6:30PM. I shredded it at 10:00PM, then had to wait for it to cool off enough to put it in the fridge before going to bed. Oh well - the fireworks probably would have kept me up anyway!

Well, as I have five stitches in my finger and my old gas grill(five years old) was falling apart(the new ones don't last like the old cast aluminun ones of the past) I wawn,t planing to do any big cooks until I got a new grill. In the classifieds this week I saw a Stainless steel 7 burner grill for $150.00. I called and she said she used it only 4 times mostly to cook bacon on the side burner. Went to check it out,it hadn't been cleaned after her last cook but was in excellent condition so I took it off her hands. She wanted a smaller one for her small patio. So after a good cleaning the grill looked almost new. My son came over and we put some burgers, sausages , pork chops and chicken strips on to break it in in it's new home. Worked great and for the price I figured I couldn't go wrong.

Back