SNF PSB Sammies

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
That's Sunday Night Football Pepper Stout Beef
seasoned with Penzey's Chicago Steak Seasoning and freshly ground peppercorns (white, black, green, red, pink)

DSCN2749.JPG

an 18" WSM charcoal chamber almost filled inside the 22" WSM with a few pieces of hickory slabs

DSCN2752.JPG

the chuck on the grate and probed for a 170ºF internal temp

DSCN2754.JPG

the base already to go.

DSCN2756.JPG

that's fresh from our garden jalapenos, poblanos, some small white onions and bell peppers...
added a store bought red onion, fresh minced gaaaaaalic and Worcestershire Sauce...
not to mention the stout beer.
after like 4 hours... maybe 5 (i forget :\ ) the chuck hit the veggie mix...
DSCN2758.JPG

foiled tight, then back on the WSM with added fuel to finish this thing

DSCN2760.JPG

after another 2 and onehalf hours or so, ... I took it off the heat...

DSCN2763.JPG

and shredded the daylights outta it!

DSCN2766.JPG

tossed it BACK on the WSM probably another 40 minutes til the juices were nearly gone...

DSCN2767.JPG

FINALLY! The loooong wait is really worth it! Served with Texas hot beans and more hot cheeses,
both on the beef and in the beans ;p

DSCN2772.JPG

any leftovers will be dinner this thursday before / after bowling (cannot WAIT!)

Thank you for visiting!

Looks awesome! Spalted Hickory? Some bowl turner would like that chunk of wood.

Last edited:
I've yet to try this Jim, believe it or not. But I want to dive headfirst into this!
DSCN2766.JPG

Ok, Ok, its on my bucket list already!!! ;)

I've yet to try this Jim, believe it or not.

I cannot believe it Gary...This a must try. Especially in the fall or winter....Just had a leftover sandwich at work today with a batch I made couple days ago....freakin awesome.

Great cook Jim

I wish I could say I'm surprised, but when Jim Lampe throws down, excellence is guaranteed! You're killing me with this, Jim. Looks so good!

Awesome cook, Jim !

We need to branch out from our 'traditional' cooks. Will put this on the 'must do' list.
But in the meantime, if you want, I can help lessen that wait... Will send you my shipping address for those left overs ;)

Bob

That stuff is REALLY good. Looks great Jim. My wife and I ate 3 meals off of ours. The final one we ran out of rolls so we ate it over rice, and that was a SMASH! I don't care how you serve it, I think it would go good on a shoe sole

Jim that was a great cook for the crappy weather we had this weekend...good news is ..the Pack is back!

Back