Sirloin Cap Steak & Chimmichurri

Shawn W

TVWBB Emerald Member
These guys:
top-sirloin-cap-steak.jpg

What a great piece of steak on sale for $7/lb. It's dense dark red meat with good flavor, little to no gristle, and awesome hard white fat. At noon blotted them, hit them with some woos, oil then Montreal Steak seasoning ... back in the fridge. 3PM: on the counter. 5:30PM: 7 mins@500ºF to awesome on my kamado. With chimmichurri I made for it last night and some leftovers, 'pork butt dripped in' baked beans and sour cream cornbread with bacon, jalapenos, cheddar and garlic baked on a Weber gasser.

The texture was just how I like it ... medium rare - medium:
d65be5b7-e96e-4032-b907-7877859be741_zpshrdgmcat.jpg

The chimmi:
I love the texture of the hand cut finely minced parsley for chimmi but thought I'd give the food processor a whirl and mixed it all up in there. Nope. I still prefer hand cut but my wife and her sister were all gaga over this chimmi paste. Tip: you can use the processor to do the chopping, just mix the liquids in by hand after it has done it's thing and you can still get that 'cut' texture instead of the 'paste'. In my 14C processor I need to do two bunches of the greens. Usually I just use parsley, on this one I used 1 HUGE parsley bunch and about half a bunch of fresh cilantro leaves.

Last edited:

Back