Seldom Found: Genesis Silver with good bottom

Jon,
The wheels are the Weber Wheels that come on the Master Touch and and yes those are the more durable rubber ones. I got the wheels from someone that gifted me them in the process of a trade. I just put a custom insert on them to make them appear to look like the old style. I got the inserts on Etsy. I have not tried them on the shaft of the Silver C but I am hoping they will fit.

Last edited:
That platinum has the dropsies really bad.
I know you stated the Platinum had the dropsies, but you know the more I I look at the Weber C black frame, I tend to like it because the shelves do not have the drop problem.

Yes, but they have the red cancer problem. It may not be as much of an issue in Texas as it is up north here. The dropsies are fixable.

Probably going to go with a different lid but the same style, because of the fade, but going to restore it anyways so at least I will have the sides done already.

Lid Befores...

Silver C Lid pic 1.jpgSilver C Lid pic 2.jpgSilver C Lid pic 3.jpgSilver C Lid pic 4.jpgSilver C Lid pic 5.jpg

Perfect knobs - glad you had those.

I have said it already, but those "black out" very last Silvers are among my very favorite Webers. I had one for years. They combine the classic Weber design with some modern touches, especially with the black trim.

I hope you go all out on that one, Samuel! :smilekettle:

Yah, I should probably do up another batch of knobs and handles with the RIT dye. I am pretty short on good handles to do however. Oh, but wait, I think I have several Genesis 1000 handles I could do and they will fit most Silver B lids. I think those black out grills look good and help rehab sales.

Hey Bruce, let me see if I have the old handles, maybe I can get you some “stock”. Maybe swap for blackening a set of knobs?
I suppose the point is moot if I can‘t find handles.

Found a Donor lid hopefully, just waiting the owner to decide if he is going to give it up, before I begin restoring on the lid and firebox. In the meantime, I rearranged my deck with space for my Silver C to cook with when I am done.

Silver C Family pic 10.jpgSilver C Family pic 9.jpg

Samuel: Yah, those are one type of handle for the Silver Bs. But shipping them back and forth just isn't worth it. Check back with me this next summer. If I dye a bunch and have some spares, I might be able to spare a set.

Samuel: Yah, those are one type of handle for the Silver Bs. But shipping them back and forth just isn't worth it. Check back with me this next summer. If I dye a bunch and have some spares, I might be able to spare a set.
The handles in my pics were mine, but I believe it was Timothy F. Lewis that was asking for a Set.

Back