Scored a Q200

Bob Marlatt

TVWBB Member
A display model collecting dust at the Depot. Already marked down to $149, they sold it to me for $99. I bought a cart for $37, brought it home, downloaded the manual, hooked up a Coleman cannister, gave it a wipe down, oiled the grates, fired it up... and I'm still grinning. Maiden voyage of steak tips and yes, still grinning. First gas grill ever. Nice! This will complement my WSM, not replace it.

Bob, you'll love your Q-200! I picked mine up from CL a cpl years back and have loved it ever since. Great score on the price as well. Having a great grill is one thing, but getting said grill at a SUPER price is twice as nice!
Now take some pictures, and make this Q-200 a star!
Tim

Last edited:
You sure did good on that deal! I have a Q100 and use it in the winter if the wife and I are just doing a couple of burgers or brats instead of firing up the big gasser or performer. Saves a lot of fuel for a short cook.

I knew I wanted a Q, so stumbling upon a deal was great. Driving home I fretted if all the parts were there, such as the regulator hose. Discovering it doesn't ship with a hose BUT uses the same canisters I already possessed for my camping stove: great! Once Spring truly does arrive I'll investigate purchasing a big tank. I read the archives and am considering a braided hose, seeing as how many squirrels we have in our yard.

Just used my CL Q 220 the other nite while camping at Brazel's RV, getting some work done on my 2430 Trek. It worked great!! Really like this Q for the RV. To make it easy to load and unload out of the low storage compartment, I remove the grate and store it first, then place the Q on top of it. Makes it a real "portable" grill. You are going to really like using your new grill.

Back