Saw this today. Seems pretty cool

Also now many Buicks sold here are built in China and imported. First time I saw that on a VIN tag you could have knocked me over with a feather

Also now many Buicks sold here are built in China and imported. First time I saw that on a VIN tag you could have knocked me over with a feather
Buick doesn't sell that many vehicles anymore and what they do sell are mostly rebadged Chevys. I think you are referring to the Buick Envision, which is indeed made in China.

Don't know where they're made but Buick Encores and especially Endeavors are considered by most mechanics to be the worst new cars made. Those little Endeavors hold value like a screen holds water.

I don't think those grilles are very similar at all, but I have heard the comparison made before.
Maybe more like a ‘62 Pontiac:

IMG_4808.jpeg

Not the same - Pontiac looks better - but there is some similar styling. At least the ‘59 Edsel wasn’t way out in left field like the first year ‘58:

IMG_4809.jpeg

OK, back to topic. Although style has impact on grill sales as well. Broilmaster’s are great grills but generally not good flip grills. I believe this is in large part because they look frumpy and out of date.
They do sell a Broilmaster grill head for outdoor kitchens that has a less frumpy look...more standard SS look. But you do have a point. Frumpy looking cookbox with your choice of less frumpy looking base.
But they are surely built for the long haul.

Jay, I did see that Broilmaster came out with a more modern stainless grill. I believe they kept the multi-position "waterfall" grates which I think are very clever. The old cast aluminum ones are EXCELLENT cookers and other than the burner and igniter good to go for decades. It is just hard to convince people of that. I did this one years ago and found it a good home. My friend painted the Broilmaster logo onto the handle; another friend helped me do the wood routing. I think this handle at least added a little warmth to the overall appearance:

IMG_5614.JPEG
Broilmaster with wire brushed hood.jpg

Last edited:
That wood handle is definitely a visual upgrade. I'll be firing ours up at our beach house this weekend. We have a crowd coming for our Easter dinner at the beach on Sunday. Not traditional ham or anything like that. Burgers on the Broilmaster...15 or so people.

Attachments

• 20230518_161635_HDR.jpg
    20230518_161635_HDR.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 3
Guilty on BOTH accounts!

If I was rich, one of those gas kettles, an Edsel, an AMC Pacer (and a Gremlin), Kaisers and other odd balls would all be there in my museums.

Very seldom do you see a Weber gas kettle for sale these days, but they usually are missing parts (probably not replaceable) and are asking pretty high prices. I think the desire to own one has nothing do do with cooking on them but the story behind the failed effort.
Jon I take this car from my teens love this car and it was fast!
1711471881313.png

Another Hard to Resell Grill

Here is a very nice MHP that a seller here in West Central Indiana has been trying hard to move for months with no success. Similar to a Broilmaster. It also lacks the pizazz of more modern grills and very little name recognition.

MHP Grill.jpg

Another Hard to Resell Grill

Here is a very nice MHP that a seller here in West Central Indiana has been trying hard to move for months with no success. Similar to a Broilmaster. It also lacks the pizazz of more modern grills and very little name recognition.

View attachment 88370

I like the Made in USA lid logo

Back