Saw this today. Seems pretty cool

I think I will see if I can find one large enough to fit my Wolf. Might be an interesting thing to have

I always have to chuckle when I see folks trying to convert their gas to cook like charcoal. No one goes the other way🤣

I would actually like to try a gas kettle. They’re kinda out there enough. And yeah Weber did also offer a gas conversion for kettle, for sure in Australia not sure about here.

Just not popular. Now Napoleon will sell you a gas with a charcoal tray haha

Well, that looks like a pretty beefy CI tray for only $49. The video says to place the tray directly on the burners....But, it looks like the holes are on the top of the burners. Wouldn't that be an issue? Another observation is that it seems they do the grilling completely with the coal on this unlike the other system where they still used the gas burners on the other side.

Well, that looks like a pretty beefy CI tray for only $49. The video says to place the tray directly on the burners....But, it looks like the holes are on the top of the burners. Wouldn't that be an issue? Another observation is that it seems they do the grilling completely with the coal on this unlike the other system where they still used the gas burners on the other side.
I think that was simply TH improvising ideas

Well, that looks like a pretty beefy CI tray for only $49. The video says to place the tray directly on the burners....But, it looks like the holes are on the top of the burners. Wouldn't that be an issue? Another observation is that it seems they do the grilling completely with the coal on unlike the other system where they still used the gas burners on the other side.
These units also designed to fit on the ledges of a Napoleon Prestige 500 gas grill

Last edited:
Pretty cool. If you generally like gas but want the option to do some coal burning once in a while, that is a pretty neat system. Is there any concerns with the ash in the cook box?

Pretty cool. If you generally like gas but want the option to do some coal burning once in a while, that is a pretty neat system. Is there any concerns with the ash in the cook box?
It looks like the stainless one from the video keeps the ash contained. But not the cast iron one

Back