Salt Block Burgers

Bob Whitney

TVWBB Fan
This is something I probably never would've bought but the Easter Bunny left it in my basket the other day. Spent a couple hours on YouTube today so I had some what of a clue.

Pre heating the block starting at 200° and stepping up to 400° so moisture wouldn't crack the block.

Put the block on the 500° grill for twenty minutes then the burgers. Didn't season the burgers just mixed them with Worcestershire Sauce.

Flipped them after five minutes and then on to the grill for some searing.

Fancy plate with boiled red potatoes and grilled onions.

The block did impart a pretty good salt taste but it wasn't overbearing. Next week I'll try some Rib Eyes. Clean up seems pretty simple. Razor scraper and a damp spunge. Thanks for looking.

I've never seen a salt block cooker. That's a great addition to your gear. The plated picture looks delicious! Great job! Looking forward to seeing how the rib eyes turn out!

I've never seen a salt block cooker. That's a great addition to your gear. The plated picture looks delicious! Great job! Looking forward to seeing how the rib eyes turn out!

Thanks Robert, I can tell from your avatar you're a man of class and intelligence. Go Dodgers.

This local superstore uses one. I can't tell a MAJOR difference. But I was told it's like using a pizza stone.

Looks Tasty! Ribeyes cook up great too!

I have a salt block too. Used it a ton right after I got it. It's been sitting idle for a couple years now. Guess I should get it out again...

Back